The basic rehoming process for animals is:
- Feel free to browse our site and see if your can find an animal to suit your home and family
- You can complete an application form online or you can ring us on 0191 4569613
- Even if you apply online, our rehoming coordinator will phone you to discuss your application and to discuss your choice
- We will arrange with you a good time to view your pet. This may be at the cattery or in a home setting. You'll get to spend some time with your potential new pet
- You may be able to take your new pet home on the day or arrange a suitable day to collect him/her
- We may arrange a home visit with you. The purpose of this is to check that the environment is suitable for the animal and it's personality
- If you do not own your own home, we will need to see written consent from your landlord or your tenancy agreement if pet ownership is noted within it. Please be reassured, you dont need to own your own home to adopt from us
- Trial rehoming. This is where you'll take the animal on trial, usually for one week, so that you both get to know each other in the home environment
- At the end of the trial you can either adopt or return your choice to us
How much does it cost?
Our rehoming fee is £60 for a kitten or £80 for an older kitten or cat that has been vaccinated. Fees for other animals are available on request. The cost covers any vet visits, flea treatment, worming treatment etc whilst the animal has been in our centre. All animals are spayed or neutered as son as they are ready. Your donation also covers the cost of having your new kitten spayed/neutered at around 5-6 months of age.